Wilhelmsen House Guide
Wilhelmsen House is located in the venerable student home. The house was once given as a gift by Halfdan and Ragnhild Wilhelmsen in 1926, and was used for accommodation and education of nurses in Tønsberg.
The student home became an important prerequisite for the expansion, operation and development of the Hospital. For a while, the plan was to demolish the building in favor of parking spaces, which ignited the commitment of many in Tønsberg.
Wilhelmsen House Apartments became reality in 2015 with 49 new rooms.We believe it is still a good place to stay away from home.
WH Café opened its doors April 2019. All of the products are of high quality, available to our customers every single day. You will find delicious pastry from local quality bakeries such as @SteikeTaSurdeigsbakeri and @MaisonGrabot. It is also recommended to taste their large selection of delicious freshly ground coffee. The café has a liquor license, and every Thursday there is Afterwork with new dishes.
WH café has a cozy outdoor garden with plenty of seating and heating lamps. Inside, the lobby is divided into different zones with a large sheltered fireplace. The café has a calm and informal atmosphere that is suitable for both adults and children.
Breakfast is served in WH café:
07:00 - 10:00 weekdays
08:00 - 11:00 weekends
Our meeting room fit 8 people. We offer food and drinks served from WH Cafè during your Åpningstid: 06:00-23:00. meeting. If you want a larger meeting room, we can offer conference rooms in different sizes with lunch and dinner at “URO Haugar”. Contact us if you want detailed information.
The fitness room is available for our guests, located on the lower floor. Please make sure to bring your own towel. Opening hours: 06:00-23:00
A well-equipped laundry room is available at your disposal. There are two washing machines, a dryer and an ironing station. Please make sure to bring washing powder.
Wilhelmsen House offers parking outside 7 days a week. We have 3 charging stations along the facade wall to the east.
The rate is 25NOK per hour and 125NOK per day
On the lower floor at Wilhelmsen House are several health and wellness facilities:
Hair salon House of Hair
+47 33 69 79 79
Psychologist Kari Aam
+47 91 11 06 34
Nail and lash design
+47 48 38 67 08
Psychologist Trine Elverum
+47 909 85 375
Enviroment and sustainability
Our generation has high expectations when it comes to protecting the environment. We contribute to reducing our footprint by throwing less, using less energy, and making sure goods to and from the hotel are as short as possible.
Did you know that 1/3 of all food is thrown away? Food waste is one of the biggest environmental challenges we face. By being able to offer fresh food while avoiding food waste, we are collaborating with Too Good to Go. Together we make sure that every single pastry comes to joy.
When you stay with us, we clean the room every 5th day for long-term rentals. We do this to save consumption and to reduce our footprint in the environment. Please let us know if you want your room cleaned more often.
Activities in Vestfold
Vestfold is known as a large activity park. It is a short way to the different experiences we recommend below.
● Horseback riding and alpaca hiking at the End of the World, Tjøme. Get to know curious and happy animals in beautiful surroundings with the smell of rushing sea and sea.
● Test out your climbing skills at “Høyt og lavt” in Svarstad. This is Scandinavia's largest climbing park, with 261 elements spread over 16 trails for both large and small. There is also an indoor climbing hall called High Under the Roof which is a 10 car ride from Wilhelmsen House.
● Fly a little extra high this fall at “Gravity”, 3000sqm indoor trampoline park.
● The coastal paths in Vestfold are a fantastic experience in beautiful surroundings. around “Slottsfjellet”?
The coastal path at “Verdens Ende” with a clear view of the horizon? Or a short local trip around
● Beaches: Ringshaug beach, Skallevold beach, Fjærholmen
Tønsberg town has many local restaurants to offer. If you are unsure of what you want, we recommend a short walk down to the pier. On the way you will see many cozy restaurants.
● La pergola on Brygga serves delicious Italian food like fresh focaccia and homemade pasta in beautiful surroundings.
● Esmeralda is known to serve the city's best pizza.
● Kverneriet Homemade burgers and fries, served in one of the city's finest premises
right by Brygga.
● The sense serves modern Asian cuisine with a good vibe, with the city's best nightclub
● Authentic and fresh Thai food is served at Sawatdee.
● Exciting and traditional Indian taste experience in the middle of Tønsberg by New Taj Mahal